Menstrual cramps can be daunting for a woman in her difficult period days. With all those psycho-emotional, & behavioral mood swings it can become quite strenuous to survive your menstrual cycle easily.
Here are 10 amazing ways to control your cramps beforehand and enjoy your cycle pain free-
1) Heat therapy: Apply a heating pad or a hot water bottle to your lower abdomen for 15-20 minutes to relax the muscles and reduce cramping.
2) Exercise: Engaging in light exercises like walking or gentle yoga can help increase blood flow, release endorphins, and relieve cramps.
3) Herbal teas: Sipping on herbal teas such as chamomile, ginger, or peppermint can have a soothing effect and ease menstrual discomfort.
4) Dietary adjustments: Incorporate anti-inflammatory foods into your diet, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish, flaxseeds, and walnuts), as they may help reduce cramps.
5) Magnesium supplementation: Taking a magnesium supplement or consuming magnesium-rich foods like leafy greens, nuts, and seeds can potentially alleviate cramps.
6) Relaxation techniques: Practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing exercises, meditation, or taking warm baths can help relax the body and reduce cramping.
7) Essential oils: Applying diluted essential oils like lavender, clary sage, or cinnamon oil to the lower abdomen and gently massaging can provide temporary relief from cramps.
8) Over-the-counter pain relievers: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, can help alleviate menstrual cramps. However, it's important to follow the recommended dosage and consult a healthcare professional if needed.
9) Acupressure: Applying pressure to specific points on the body, such as the webbing between your thumb and index finger, can potentially help relieve menstrual cramps.
10) Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day can help prevent bloating and reduce muscle tension, potentially relieving menstrual cramps.